Thursday, September 20, 2012

Artist Highlight - Amanda Vandever



Hometown: 

Columbia IL.

Preferred Mediums: 
Canon 50d Camera
 
How many years have you participated in the Art on the Bluffs, Inc. Art Walk?
First Year
 
Where did you go to school, earn a degree, or formally study art? 
 Southwestern Illinois College


What is your art about & what inspires your work?
Normal and everyday things, experienced in a different way. I'm inspired just by seeing things around me and think to myself.  “What can I turn this into or wouldn't that look amazing at this angle”. If I modify this picture, it will bring out the beauty that could otherwise go unseen.
 
What is your creative process like? 
I take a picture of one object in many different ways. Then sometimes distort the image to what I refer to as painting.


How or when in your life did you know you wanted to be an artist? 
Around two years ago I started taking pictures and enjoyed every piece I created.   Now I'm just continuing to learn as I grow.  I enjoy all that is applied to capture interesting things.  .
 
Where can your work be viewed? 
Bean Tree Cafe in Waterloo, Curves in Columbia, Peachy Yogurt Bar in Belleville and alvphotographyonline.com. Also followed on Facebook at ALVphotography.
 
What shows have you displayed in?
First Show
 
What do you most enjoy about the art scene in St. Louis/Metro East? 
The different and creative ways each person expresses themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment