Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Artist Highlight - Mary Mosblech


Hometown:
I was born in St Louis, MO.
Preferred Mediums:
My preferred mediums are watercolor and printmaking.
How many years have you participated in the Art on the Bluffs, Inc. Art Walk?
This is the first time to participate in Art on the Bluffs.
Where did you go to school, earn a degree or formally study art?
I have taken more than 20 workshops from nationally known watercolor artists.  I am currently taking printmaking at Forest Park Community College.
What is your art about and what inspires your work?
I am inspired by nature - tree, landscapes.  I have recently completed series on dancers and children playing in water.
What is your creative process like?
I get an idea, mull it over for a day or two, then jump in and start painting or carving.
How or when in your life did you know you wanted to be an artist?
I've always wanted to be an artist.  However, since I needed to support myself, I became a teacher.  Now retired, I have returned to my first love.
Where can your art be viewed?
I have a website mosblechart.com where I list current exhibits and art fairs.
What shows have you dispslayed in?
I have shown my work at Creative Art Gallery, St Peter's Cultural Center, St Louis Artist's Guild, Art Saint Louis.
What do you most enjoy about the art scene in St. Louis/Metro East?
It seems like there is always something to participate in St. Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment